Breathing exercise reduces stressAs per experts, doing breathing exercises is the best way to attain relaxation. The best part about this exercise is that it can be practised easily anytime and anywhere. Blood pressure can be controlled as well by doing breathing exercises. Deep breathing helps the lungs get oxygen in sufficient amount, which is very beneficial for the brain. Doing breathing exercise also helps curing the lung diseases. Moreover, doing this exercise quickly would strengthen your stomach muscles as well. Considering this, you should add breathing exercise to your daily workout schedule. [distance1] Link: How to bust stress and improve your cardiac health? [distance1]
How to effectively do breathing exercise?Follow these simple steps - [distance1]
1. Choose a place which is relatively peaceful.
2. Sit in a comfortable position and with your back completely straight. People who have issues sitting straight can do this exercise lying down on their back.
3. Close your eyes.
4. Try pushing your thoughts away for a while. Stop thinking! I know itís not a thing you could switch on or off at your will, but with practice it can happen.
5. Inhale from your nose and exhale from your mouth.
6. Keep breathing as mentioned in step 5. Just focus on breathing rather than trying to think of anything else.
While doing this exercise, you will get lots of thoughts about your daily life, about people you interact with, about many things related to you or what you dream about. But you have to keep pushing these thoughts aside and concentrate on breathing.
For first few days you might feel a little heavy in your chest, or a little numb in your head. But this just happens owing to Ďunusualí amount of oxygen you have started inhaling. These issues would stop bothering you as your body gets used to it.